The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) released a toolkit to help states evaluate their Medicaid program’s capacity to expand telehealth capabilities and coverage policies. The toolkit CMS developed helps state officials consider various policies to expand telehealth services including:
- Which patient populations are eligible to receive telehealth services;
- Coverage and reimbursement policies;
- Providers and practitioners eligible to furnish telehealth services;
- Technology requirements for providers and beneficiaries; and
- Pediatric populations and privacy laws.
With the success of expanding the Medicare telehealth program during the current public health emergency, the agency has provided additional guidance and recommendations for state Medicaid programs to provide additional flexibility for telehealth services. This toolkit is part of the CMS and White House Coronavirus Task Force efforts.
Additional information and agency guidance can be found on the CMS Current Emergencies Website.
For more information visit the McDermottPlus Payment Innovation Resource Center or contact Sheila Madhani at email@example.com, Mara McDermott at firstname.lastname@example.org or Rachel Stauffer at email@example.com.