The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) will host a series of webinars on recently released payment and quality regulations.
- Physician Fee Schedule Proposed Rule: Understanding 3 Key Topics Listening Session
Monday, August 12, 1:00 PM (EDT)
CMS experts will cover three key changes made to the CY 2020 Physician Fee Schedule in the proposed rule:
- Increasing value of Evaluation and Management (E/M) payments
- Continuing to improve the Quality Payment Program by streamlining the program’s requirements to reduce clinician burden
- Creating new Opioid Treatment Program benefit in response to the opioid epidemic
- Overview of the Proposed Rule for the Quality Payment Program 2020 Performance Period
Tuesday, August 13, 2:00 PM (EDT)
During the webinar, CMS subject matter experts will:
- Provide an overview of the Quality Payment Program, Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) and Advanced Alternative Payment Models (Advanced APMs)
- Discuss 2020 MIPS and Advanced APM proposed policy changes
- Highlight key differences between Year 3 and Year 4 requirements
- Discuss the Request for Information (RFI) for MIPS Value Pathways (MVPs), a new potential framework for MIPS starting in 2021
- Review ways to connect to the no-cost technical assistance and identify additional resources where attendees can learn more
- Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System and Ambulatory Surgical Center Proposed Rule Listening Session
Wednesday, August 14, 2:30 PM (EDT)
This listening session will cover provisions from the proposed rule and address questions to aid in formulating comments for submission.
- ESRD Quality Incentive Program: CY 2020 ESRD PPS Proposed Rule Call
Tuesday, August 20, 2:00 PM (EDT)
This call will provide an overview of the proposed rule, as well as methods for reviewing and commenting on the proposed rule.
- Home Health Patient-Driven Groupings Model: Operational Issues Call
Wednesday, August 21, 1:30 PM (EDT)
CMS will use the Patient-Driven Groupings Model (PDGM) to reimburse home health care agencies for providing health care services under Medicare fee-for-service. This call will provide an overview of the billing changes for the PDGM that will take effect on January 1, 2020.
- Radiation Oncology Model Listening Session
Thursday, August 22, 1:30 PM (EDT)
CMS will present an overview of major provisions from the proposed rule and answer clarifying questions. The Radiation Oncology (RO) Model would make prospective payments to cover radiotherapy services, in 90-day episodes, for patients diagnosed with 17 types of cancer.
- Understanding Your SNF VBP Program Performance Score Report Call
Tuesday, August 27, 1:30 PM (EDT)
During this call, learn about the Skilled Nursing Facility Value-Based Purchasing Program Performance (SNF VBP) Score Report. CMS will present a high-level summary of the program and highlight the FY 2019 payment year results.
For more information visit the McDermottPlus Payment Innovation Resource Center or contact Sheila Madhani at email@example.com.