On June 6, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) issued a Request for Information (RFI) seeking new ideas from the public on how to continue the progress of the Patients over Paperwork initiative. Launched in 2017, the Patients over Paperwork initiative is focused on reducing the burden of the healthcare system through streamlined regulations and the reform of other administrative policies.
This RFI provides an opportunity for stakeholders to share new ideas not conveyed during the first Patients over Paperwork RFI in 2017. CMS is seeking innovative ideas to relieve burden and ways to improve:
- Reporting and documentation requirements
- Coding and documentation requirements for Medicare or Medicaid payment
- Prior authorization procedures
- Policies and requirements for rural providers, clinicians and beneficiaries
- Policies and requirements for dually enrolled (i.e., Medicare and Medicaid) beneficiaries
- Beneficiary enrollment and eligibility determination
- CMS processes for issuing regulations and policies
The RFI is posted in the Federal Register. Comments must be submitted by August 12, 2019. More information is available in the press release and on the website.
For more information visit the McDermottPlus Payment Innovation Resource Center or contact Sheila Madhani at 202-204-1459 or firstname.lastname@example.org; or Mara McDermott at 202-204-1462 or email@example.com.