The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) launched a new app called “What’s Covered” that tells users whether Medicare covers a specific medical item or service. The app is available for download in Google Play or at the Apple App Store.
This new app is part of a larger eMedicare Initiative launched by CMS in 2018. The purpose of the initiative is to provide more cost and quality information to beneficiaries. Other tools in the eMedicare suite include:
- Enhanced interactive online decision support to help beneficiaries better understand and evaluate their Medicare coverage options and costs between Medicare and Medicare Advantage.
- A new online service that lets beneficiaries quickly see how different coverage choices will affect their estimated out-of-pocket costs.
- New price transparency tools that let consumers compare the national average costs of certain procedures between settings, so people can see what they’ll pay for procedures done in a hospital outpatient department versus an ambulatory surgical center.
- A new webchat option in the Medicare Plan Finder.
- New easy-to-use surveys across Medicare.gov so consumers can provide feedback to CMS.
For more information visit the McDermottPlus Payment Innovation Resource Center or contact Sheila Madhani at 202-204-1459 or email@example.com.