Participants receive full credit for the Improvements Activities Performance Category
CMS is accepting applications through January 31 to participate in the Clinical Practice Improvement Activities (CPIA) and Measurement Study, which was authorized by MACRA. Study participants will receive full credit for the Improvement Activities Performance Category.
The purpose of the study is to:
- Examine clinical workflows and data collection methods using different submission systems
- Understand the challenges clinicians face when collecting and reporting quality data; and
- Make future recommendations for changes that will attempt to eliminate clinician burden, improve quality data collection and reporting, and enhance clinical care
Study participants will have to meet the following requirements between January and December 2017:
- Complete at least three survey questionnaires throughout the course of the study
- Participate in at least three focus groups
- Submit at least three clinician quality performance measures to CMS
More information, including the application, is available here.
More information on MACRA can be found at the McDermottPlus MACRA Resource Center.