The data submission period for the 2018 Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) closed on April 2, 2019. The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) is currently reviewing all submitted data. If data was submitted through the Quality Payment Program (QPP) website, the preliminary performance feedback data is now available for viewing. However, this is not the final score or feedback, which will be available in July 2019 on the QPP website.
Between now and June 30, 2019, scores could change based on the following factors:
- Special status scoring considerations (e.g., hospital-based clinicians)
- All-Cause Readmission Measure for the Quality performance category
- Claims measures to include the 60-day run out period
- CAHPS for MIPS Survey results
- Advancing Care Information Hardship Application status
- Improvement Study participation and results
- Creation of performance period benchmarks for Quality measures that didn’t have a historical benchmark
For more information visit the McDermottPlus Payment Innovation Resource Center or contact Sheila Madhani at firstname.lastname@example.org.