As part of ongoing White House Coronavirus Task Force efforts, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and other agencies have issued several resource documents, refocused activities related to state survey agencies and accrediting organizations, and taken other related actions.
Recent key COVID-19-related activities and actions by include:
- FDA Guidance on Conduct of Clinical Trials of Medical Products During COVID-19 Pandemic. Available here.
- FDA Policy for Diagnostic Tests for Coronavirus Disease 2019 during the Public Health Emergency. Available here.
- CMS COVID-19 Partner Toolkit. Available here.
- CMS Guidance for PACE Organizations on Infection Control. Available here.
- Coronavirus COVID-19 Stakeholder Calls Transcripts and Audio Files (Friday, March 13 and Monday March 20). Available here.
- FAQs on Essential Health Benefit Coverage and COVID-19. Available here.
- Press Release: CMS Take Action Nationwide to Aggressively Respond to Coronavirus National Emergency. Available here.
- COVID-19 Emergency Declaration Health Care Providers Fact Sheet. Available here.
- Press Release Calling for all Hospital Emergency Departments to Screen Patients for Coronavirus. Available here.
- Guidance for EMTALA requirements and Implications Related to COVID-19. Available here.
- Guidance for Infection Control and Prevention of COVID-19 in Nursing Homes. Available here.
- Guidance for infection Control and Prevention of COVID-19 in dialysis facilities. Available here.
- Guidance for Infection Control and Prevention Concerning COVID-19 in Home Health Agencies. Available here.
- COVID-19 FAQs for State Medicaid and CHIP Agencies. Available here.
- Medicare Administrative Contractor COVID-19 Test Pricing. Available here.
CMS is documenting its COVID-19 activities on their Current Emergencies website.
Additional updates can be found on the McDermottPlus March 10 update of CMS COVID-19 resources. And stay up-to-date on COVID-19 emerging issues through the McDermott, Will & Emery Coronavirus Resource Center.
For more information visit the McDermottPlus Payment Innovation Resource Center or contact Sheila Madhani at 202-204-1459 or email@example.com.