As part of the ongoing White House Coronavirus Task Force efforts, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and other agencies have issued several resource documents, refocused activities related to state survey agencies and accrediting organizations, and taken other related actions.
Recent key COVID-19-related activities and actions since our last update include:
- CMS Announces Relief for Clinicians, Providers, Hospitals and Facilities Participating in Quality Reporting Programs in Response to COVID-19. Available here.
- Press Release: Trump Administration Releases COVID-19 Checklists and tools to Accelerate Relief for State Medicaid and CHIP Programs. Available here.
- Section 1135 Waiver COVID-19 State/Territory Request Template. Available here.
- Medicaid State Plan Disaster Relief State Plan Amendments. Available here.
- Emergency Preparedness and Response for Home and Community Based (HCBS) 1915 (c) Waivers. Available here.
- COVID-19: 1115 Demonstrations. Available here.
- Medicare Fee-for-Service (FFS) Response to the Public Health Emergency on the coronavirus (COVID-19): UPDATE. Available here.
- CMS Adult Elective surgery and Procedures Recommendations: Limit all non-essential planned surgeries and procedures, including dental, until further notice. Available here.
- COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions for State Medicaid and CHIP Agencies (UPDATED). Available here.
- Information for PACE Organizations Regarding Infection Control and Prevention of COVID-19. Available here.
- Medicaid State Plan Fee-for-Service Payment for Services Delivered Via Telehealth. Available here.
CMS is documenting its COVID-19 activities on their Current Emergencies website.
Additional updates can be found on the McDermottPlus March 18 update of CMS COVID-19 resources. And stay up-to-date on COVID-19 emerging issues through the McDermott, Will & Emery Coronavirus Resource Center.
For more information visit the McDermottPlus Payment Innovation Resource Center or contact Sheila Madhani at 202-204-1459 or email@example.com.