As part of the ongoing White House Coronavirus Task Force efforts, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and other agencies have issued several resource documents, refocused activities related to state survey agencies and accrediting organizations, and taken other related actions.
Recent key COVID-19-related activities and actions since our last update include:
- Press Release on Sweeping COVID-19 Regulatory Changes. Available here.
- Fact Sheet on Sweeping COVID-19 Regulatory Changes. Available here.
- Coronavirus Waivers and Flexibilities Webpage. Available here.
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act, Increased FMAP FAQs. Available here.
- Payment and Grace Period Flexibilities Associated with COVID-19 National Emergency. Available here.
- FAQs on Availability and Usage of Telehealth services through Private Health insurance coverage in Response to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). Available here.
- FAQs on Prescription Drugs and the coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) for Issuers Offering Health Insurance Coverage in the Individual and Small Group Markets. Available here.
- Open Payments COVID-19 Announcement. Available here.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), CLIA Guidance During the COVID-19 Emergency. Available here.
- Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) Laboratory Guidance During COVID-19 Public Health Emergency. Available here.
- Trump Administration Approves 34th State Request for Medicaid Emergency Waivers. Available here.
- Long-Term Care Nursing Homes Telehealth and Telemedicine Tool Kit. Available here.
- Exceptions and Extensions for Quality Reporting Requirements for Healthcare Facilities. Available here.
- Quality Payment Program – COVID-19 Response. Available here.
- Trump Administration Provides financial Relief for Medicare Providers. Available here.
- Fact Sheet: Expansion of the Accelerated and Advanced Payments Program for Providers and Suppliers During COVID-19 Emergency. Available here.
CMS is documenting its COVID-19 activities on their Current Emergencies website.
Additional updates can be found on the McDermottPlus March 18 update of CMS COVID-19 resources. And stay up-to-date on COVID-19 emerging issues through the McDermott, Will & Emery Coronavirus Resource Center.
For more information visit the McDermottPlus Payment Innovation Resource Center or contact Sheila Madhani at 202-204-1459 or email@example.com.