As part of ongoing White House Coronavirus Task Force efforts, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has issued a number of resource documents, refocused activities related to state survey agencies and accrediting organizations; and taken other related actions.
Key COVID-19-related activities an actions by CMS to date include:
- Guidance on requirement for all State Survey Agencies and Accrediting Organizations to exclusively focus their attention on issues related to infection control, beginning with hospice facilities and hospitals is available here
- Factsheet: Medicare coverage and payment related to COVID-19 is available here
- Factsheet: Medicaid and CHIP coverage and payment related to COVID-19 is available here
- Information related to COVID-19 individual and small group market insurance coverage is available here
- FAQ on Medicare payment for laboratory tests and other services related to COVID-19 is available here
- FAQs and considerations for patient triage, placement and hospital discharge is available here
- Guidance for infection control and prevention of COVID-19 in nursing homes is available here
- Press release on a new HCPCS code for healthcare providers and laboratories to test patients for COVID-19 using the CDC-developed test is available here
- Press release on an additional code for COVID-19 lab test is available here
- Memo to help the nation’s healthcare facilities take critical steps to prepare for COVID-19 is available here
CMS is documenting its COVID-19 activities on their Current Emergencies website.
Stay up-to-date on COVID-19 emerging issues through the McDermott, Will & Emery Coronavirus Resource Center.
For more information visit the McDermottPlus Payment Innovation Resource Center or contact Sheila Madhani at 202-204-1459 or email@example.com.