McDermott Will & Emery is a leading global law firm helping to propel the success of today’s most respected, dynamic, and important organizations. More than 1,200 lawyers strong, we bring our personal passion and legal prowess to bear in every matter for our clients and the people they serve. Pride and determination abound here because every member of our team is respected, supported, and inspired to exceed. We have been recognized as a top firm to work by The American Lawyer, Working Mother Magazine, Vault, and the Human Rights Campaign for both lawyers and business professionals.
As part of our ongoing commitment to be #AlwaysBetter for our people, clients, and communities, we have created a culture of belonging that champions your individuality and authenticity as both a person and a professional. From our competitive compensation, top benefits and award-winning professional development programs to industry-leading wellness initiatives, we support you through every stage of your life and career so you can live a life you love both in and outside of the office.
The Technology Trainer designs and conducts general and legal-specific training programs for the Firm’s personnel utilizing classroom, eLearning and individualized training forums. This position ensures the Firm’s personnel comprehend the software technology tools and features necessary to perform the core functions of their jobs efficiently.
As Technology Trainer you will:
– Analyze trends and user feedback to understand training needs
– Design, promote, and evaluate technology training and orientation programs to meet user needs
– Deliver in-person and virtual training designed to motivate participants, encourage engagement, and increase productivity, adapting training style as needed; includes new hire onboarding training and follow up, regional training, and customized training for practice groups, departments, teams, and individuals
– Troubleshoot and provide end user support related to software issues; track and resolve tickets in the ticketing system based on internal resolution guidelines
– Create and maintain training materials, including outlines, reference guides, tips, visual aids, eLearning, communications, and course invitations
– Maintain Firm-wide and regional office training schedules
– Works with IT and administrative leadership to identify training priorities and strategies
– Manage course sessions and user progress/attendance in the Firm’s Learning Management System
– Prepare training progress reports and summarizes findings for team management
– Collaborate with IT teams to evaluate and test system upgrade functionality
– Collaborate with other IT teams on special projects as needed
– Bachelor’s degree preferred
– At least three (3) years of related work experience
– Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneDrive, and SharePoint)
– Knowledge of eLearning software and online training tools
– Knowledge of desktop productivity software and document management software
– Experience with macOS a plus
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Strong organizational skills
– Strong motivational and presentation skills
– Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and changing environment
– Ability to work flexible and/or fluctuating work hours
– Ability to work independently and under own direction and initiative
– Ability to learn new concepts and skills quickly
– Occasional travel required
Successful candidates will be provided with outstanding career opportunities and will receive a competitive total rewards package with the opportunity to earn performance-based bonuses.
Expected Pay Range in Los Angeles $74,000 – $110,000
Please note that quoted salary ranges are not guarantees of what final salary offers may be. Base pay is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Base pay is only one part of the Total Rewards that MWE provides to compensate and recognize our staff professionals for their work. Full time positions are eligible for a discretionary bonus and a comprehensive benefits package.