McDermott Will & Emery is a leading global law firm helping to propel the success of today’s most respected, dynamic, and important organizations. More than 1,200 lawyers strong, we bring our personal passion and legal prowess to bear in every matter for our clients and the people they serve. Pride and determination abound here because every member of our team is respected, supported, and inspired to exceed. We have been recognized as a top firm to work by The American Lawyer, Working Mother Magazine, Vault, and the Human Rights Campaign for both lawyers and business professionals.
As part of our ongoing commitment to be #AlwaysBetter for our people, clients, and communities, we have created a culture of belonging that champions your individuality and authenticity as both a person and a professional. From our competitive compensation, top benefits and award-winning professional development programs to industry-leading wellness initiatives, we support you through every stage of your life and career so you can live a life you love both in and outside of the office.
The Technology Support Specialist provides desk-side technology customer support. This position assists with strategic projects and operational activities that impact the local office.
As Technology Support Specialist you will:
– Participate in our ACD system as directed and monitor the Information Technology (IT) Help Desk ticketing system to ensure that issues and requests are resolved or escalated per established Service Level Agreements.
– Provide desk-side technical support including troubleshooting hardware and software issues.
– Coordinate the day-to-day operational IT activities including new hire set up, audio and video conference presentations, office moves, and departures.
– Provide basic desktop application support (installation, maintenance, drivers, imaging) and basic support for mobile devices. May work with other members of IT to resolve.
– May physically assist in supporting infrastructure in one or more offices. (Ex. cabling, act as remote set of hands for others.)
– Participates in minimum of 85% of pre-pilots and reports findings. Becomes familiar with each change.
– Is well-versed in firm and IT department technology policies and procedures and actively promotes their adherence. May make recommendations to add or change policies or procedures.
– Works and integrates well with others to deliver results and fosters a cooperative team environment.
– Participates in firm, regional and local projects as directed by performing individual specific tasks in support of the project.
– Associate degree in a related field such as Computer Science or equivalent technical knowledge preferred.
– Under two (2) years of related work experience.
– Experience with macOS a plus
– Functional written and verbal communication skills (written and spoken).
– Ability to work under tight deadlines and prioritize responsibilities.
– Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and changing environment.
– Ability to handle and maintain confidential information.
– Ability to work flexible and/or fluctuating work hours.
– Operates within defined guidelines and supervision.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
– While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms, stoop, talk and hear.
– Employee must occasionally lift, up to forty (40) pounds.
– Typical indoor office environment
#LI – JL1
#LI – Hybrid