Build your big career with the Firm that does Big Law better. McDermott Will & Emery is a leading global law firm that brings together more than 1,400 lawyers and 1,200 business professionals. We celebrate excellence, collaboration and community and have been recognized as a top workplace by The American Lawyer, Working Mother Magazine, Vault and the Human Rights Campaign.
At McDermott, we don’t just invest in your future, we accelerate your career – wherever it may lead. That includes supporting you both in and outside of the office.
With us, you’ll find:
The Staff Accountant II ensures the accurate and timely processing and reconciliation of the Firm’s domestic accounts and general ledger entries. This position performs regular audits and analyses of the Firm’s financial systems and data to verify accuracy and compliance with reporting requirements and established procedures.
As a Staff Accountant II you will:
– Analyze entries on balance sheets and domestic bank account statements and investigate and reconcile discrepancies
– Compile and distribute moderate to complex accounting reports
– Prepare journal entries to the Firm’s financial systems
– Identify and research general ledger variances and summarize explanations for management review
– Perform the monthly intercompany reconciliation process, including balancing variances from international office transactions and creating IC bills
– Review daily cash report and propose funding transfers
– Record bills, cash receipts, payments and journal entries
– Assist with month-end and year end closing processes
– Collaborate peers and a variety of accounting and finance partners to complete projects
– Audit the work of the other staff accountants
– Bachelor’s degree
– At least three (3) years of related work experience
– Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word)
– Strong written and verbal communication skills
– Strong organizational skills
– Strong mathematical and analytical skills
– Ability to work under tight deadlines and prioritize responsibilities
– Ability to handle and maintain confidential information
As part of our ongoing commitment to be #AlwaysBetter for our people, clients and communities, we have created a culture of belonging that champions your individuality as both a person and a professional. From our competitive compensation, top benefits and award-winning professional development programs to industry-leading wellness initiatives, we support you through every stage of your life and career. With McDermott, you can live a life you love both in and outside of the office.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms, stoop, talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift up to twenty (20) pounds. Work Environment: Typical indoor office environment
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people within this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
#LI – JL1
#LI – Hybrid