McDermott Will & Emery is a leading global law firm helping to propel the success of today’s most respected, dynamic, and important organizations. More than 1,200 lawyers strong, we bring our personal passion and legal prowess to bear in every matter for our clients and the people they serve. Pride and determination abound here because every member of our team is respected, supported, and inspired to exceed. We have been recognized as a top firm to work by The American Lawyer, Working Mother Magazine, Vault, and the Human Rights Campaign for both lawyers and business professionals.
As part of our ongoing commitment to be #AlwaysBetter for our people, clients, and communities, we have created a culture of belonging that champions your individuality and authenticity as both a person and a professional. From our competitive compensation, top benefits and award-winning professional development programs to industry-leading wellness initiatives, we support you through every stage of your life and career so you can live a life you love both in and outside of the office.
The Senior Information Governance Analyst is responsible for participating in the development, implementation, and maintenance of the Firm’s Retention and Disposition Program. This position works closely with other team members and contractors within the Information Governance Department in coordinating, tracking, monitoring workflows, executing processes, and completing projects or priority assignments.
This role requires extensive knowledge of records management principles, retention elements, electronic recordkeeping, as well as experience with records management technology solutions and tactical project skills to ensure the integrity of records and related metadata throughout the required lifecycle of records as information systems are upgraded or replaced. The position is responsible for developing and implementing information governance retention and disposition related procedures, documentation, educational materials, and a portfolio of internal controls. This position is responsible for tracking key performance indicators to assess the state of compliance with information governance requirements and preparing related reports on a regular basis.
As Senior Information Governance Analyst – Disposition you will:
– Collaborate with Information Technology and General Counsel personnel to drive awareness and compliance, develop outreach and training plans, promote retention related directives or services, establish training plans, and deliver training to all Firm practice groups
– Work closely with Information Governance leadership to continually maintain and improve the department’s operations
– Develop and implement retention and disposition procedures, documentation, educational materials, and a portfolio of internal controls in accordance with industry for all data forms and formats
– Track and analyze retention data metrics as key performance indicators to assess the state of progress and compliance of retention requirements
– Support the Legal Hold Response Team pertaining to any active legal holds
– Assist in the development, implementation, and maintenance of best practices related to the use of technology and workflow processes
– Establish client service relationships and collaboration with personnel from both Legal and Business Operations
– Understand all aspects of the Firm’s Information Governance Policy and be able to articulate relative obligations to Firm stakeholders
– Enforce compliance to fulfill the Firm’s ethical and regulatory requirements to handle, maintain, store, and destroy client data
– Drive the disposition process and data lifecycle management including coordinate audit reviews, metadata remediation, notification and approval tracking, execute final destruction, and update system records to reflect final disposition
– Support the Firm in process improvement initiatives through the development and implementation of workflows and solution to streamline workflows, enhance security, and reduce costs. Support the Firm in identifying new or changing business processes for the handling and processing of data and coordinate working sessions with required stakeholders to initiate and monitor completion of appropriate assessments
– Lead by example by consistently demonstrating exemplary professionalism, work ethic, communication skills, and productivity.
– Bachelor’s degree
– At least six (6) years of experience relevant to Information Governance
– At least four (4) years of experience in executing retention and final disposition processes is preferred
– Experience in a corporate or legal working environment is preferred
– Knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office/365, familiarity with various electronic repository systems
– Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word)
– Knowledge of global privacy laws (GDPR and HIPPA) and industry regulations and guidelines
– Ability to learn new technologies and grasp complex data architectures
– Ability to establish working relationships throughout all legal and operational groups using demonstrated skills such as analysis, organizational ability, decision-making, problem-solving, and teamwork
– Willingness to maintain continuing education and training specific to professional skills development commensurate with records and information management industry and responsibilities of position
Strong written and verbal communication skills
– Strong organizational skills
– Strong customer service skills
– Strong project or task management skills
– Ability to work under tight deadlines and prioritize responsibilities
– Ability to handle and maintain confidential information
– Ability to quickly adapt to changing objectives across multiple project channels and groups
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
– While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms, stoop, talk and hear
– Employee must occasionally lift up to twenty (20) pounds
– Typical indoor office environment
Successful candidates will be provided with outstanding career opportunities and will receive a competitive total rewards package with the opportunity to earn performance-based bonuses.
Expected Pay Range in New York, San Francisco & Silicon Valley $77,000 – $105,000
Please note that quoted salary ranges are not guarantees of what final salary offers may be. Base pay is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Base pay is only one part of the Total Rewards that MWE provides to compensate and recognize our staff professionals for their work. Full time positions are eligible for a discretionary bonus and a comprehensive benefits package.
#LI – JL1
#LI – Hybrid
#Legal #InformationGovernance #IG #DataGovernance #Disposition #Archive