McDermott Will & Emery is a leading global law firm helping to propel the success of today’s most respected, dynamic, and important organizations. More than 1,200 lawyers strong, we bring our personal passion and legal prowess to bear in every matter for our clients and the people they serve. Pride and determination abound here because every member of our team is respected, supported, and inspired to exceed. We have been recognized as a top firm to work by The American Lawyer, Working Mother Magazine, Vault, and the Human Rights Campaign for both lawyers and business professionals.
As part of our ongoing commitment to be #AlwaysBetter for our people, clients, and communities, we have created a culture of belonging that champions your individuality and authenticity as both a person and a professional. From our competitive compensation, top benefits and award-winning professional development programs to industry-leading wellness initiatives, we support you through every stage of your life and career so you can live a life you love both in and outside of the office.
The Pricing Analyst I researches and analyzes client and industry pricing trends to prepare client pricing model recommendations. This position compiles and summarizes internal pricing data to assist with assessing and improving the Firm’s competitiveness and profitability.
As Pricing Analyst I you will:
– Prepare data summaries and written responses to clients’ requests for proposal (RFPs) and ad-hoc pricing data requests
– Analyze financial performance metrics to assist the pricing team with developing pricing strategy improvements
– Assist with the creation, evaluation, and execution of client fee arrangements
– Collaborate with the pricing team members to enhance tools and processes for fee pricing, matter estimates, matter profitability, post-matter analysis and competitor intelligence
– Create and monitor budgets and proactively reach out to the appropriate parties when nearing thresholds
– Conduct profit modeling of write-down and write-off requests
– Develop and maintain attorney budgeting templates and resources
– Generate standard financial performance metric reports
– Track fee arrangements and update client profiles with new pricing rates
– Bachelor’s degree
– At least one (1) year of related work experience
– Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word)
– Familiarity with legal matter management software
– Strong written and verbal communication skills
– Strong organizational skills
– Strong mathematical and analytical skills
– Ability to work under tight deadlines and prioritize responsibilities
– Ability to handle and maintain confidential information
– Ability to learn new concepts and skills quickly
Successful candidates will be provided with outstanding career opportunities and will receive a competitive total rewards package with the opportunity to earn performance-based bonuses.
Expected Pay Range in Orange County $71,000 – $95,100
Expected Pay Range in Los Angeles $74,000 – $99,700
Expected Pay Range in San Francisco, Silicon Valley and New York $77,000 – $105,000
Please note that quoted salary ranges are not guarantees of what final salary offers may be. Base pay is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Base pay is only one part of the Total Rewards that MWE provides to compensate and recognize our staff professionals for their work. Full time positions are eligible for a discretionary bonus and a comprehensive benefits package.