McDermott Will & Emery is a leading global law firm helping to propel the success of today’s most respected, dynamic, and important organizations. More than 1,200 lawyers strong, we bring our personal passion and legal prowess to bear in every matter for our clients and the people they serve. Pride and determination abound here because every member of our team is respected, supported, and inspired to exceed. We have been recognized as a top firm to work by The American Lawyer, Working Mother Magazine, Vault, and the Human Rights Campaign for both lawyers and business professionals.
As part of our ongoing commitment to be #AlwaysBetter for our people, clients, and communities, we have created a culture of belonging that champions your individuality and authenticity as both a person and a professional. From our competitive compensation, top benefits and award-winning professional development programs to industry-leading wellness initiatives, we support you through every stage of your life and career so you can live a life you love both in and outside of the office.
Business Development (Market) Coordinator supports the Tax practice business development (BD) team with client and prospective client requests, event logistics, database and CRM management and departmental system maintenance.
As Business Development (Market) Coordinator you will:
– Compile client and prospective client requested information and draft responses for requests for proposals (RFP’s) and pitches, track results and prepare summary reports
– Compile business and industry research in support of new business opportunities
– Track client information in the client relationship management (CRM) system and update touch points and deal stages
– Collect and coordinate matter tracking information in the firm’s central matter tracking system
– Coordinate client event logistics, including scheduling planning meetings, creation of mailing lists, tracking RSVP’s, preparing name tags, preparing PPT slides, coordinating giveaways and gathering handouts
– Gather information and details for legal directory submissions. Draft entries for legal awards and nominations
– Create and update business development collateral, including brochures, one-pagers and presentations
– Prepare practice newsletter and monthly operational reports
– Maintain inventory of marketing materials and related experience
– Assist with firm and practice initiatives
– Develop strong working relationships with practice attorneys and other members of the Business Development team
– Bachelor’s degree
– At least two (2) years of related work experience in a professional services environment
– Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word)
– Familiarity with client relationship management (CRM) software, Salesforce knowledge a plus
– Strong written and verbal communication skills
– Strong organizational skills
– Ability to work under tight deadlines and prioritize responsibilities
#LI – JL1
#LI – Hybrid