In a March letter to Governors, Depart of Health and Human Services Secretary Tom Price and newly confirmed Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services Director Seema Verma highlighted some of the “key areas” they will look to address in the Medicaid program:
- program management, at both state and federal levels
- increase employment and community engagement
- create better alignment between Medicaid’s benefit structure with private health insurance policies, with the goal of preparing certain populations for the transition to private insurance
- allow states additional time to comply with the Home and Community-Based Services Rule, while working with states on implantation of the Rule
- Provide states with more tools to address the opioid epidemic
Read the full letter here.