Katie is an experienced government relations strategist who helps clients navigate the complex issues surrounding Medicare, Medicaid and the healthcare marketplace.
Katie works with clients to represent their needs before the US Congress and the US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and its agencies by relying on extensive experience as a policy advisor on the Medicaid and Medicare programs, as well as the 340B program and other aspects of the Public Health Service Act. She anticipates the effects of state and federal policymaking on issues impacting their businesses and crafts proactive and comprehensive legislative strategies.
Katie served as a senior analyst at the Medicaid and CHIP Payment and Access Commission (MACPAC), where she developed policy recommendations and conducted legislative analyses related to Medicare and Medicaid issues in support of Congress and HHS. At MACPAC, Katie regularly interpreted and analyzed large data sets for reports.
Prior to her work with MACPAC, Katie served in Senator Chuck Grassley’s (R-IA) office as a health policy fellow where she conducted research and analyses on health policy options. She also worked at the George Washington University, where she led the Teaching Health Center Graduate Medical Education evaluation.
George Washington University, M.P.H.
Boston University, B.S.
- Led responses to congressional inquiries and preparation efforts for congressional testimony
- Led several federal strategic planning efforts focusing on developing federal advocacy efforts, issue priorities and policy analysis
- Led efforts on building and maintaining relationship with members and staff to increase profiles and presence on Capitol Hill
- Led evaluations of the Financial Alignment Initiative and the Teaching Health Center Graduate Medical Education program
- Presented and serves as authoritative resource on related health policy, including Medicaid, Marketplace and Medicare policy