Jessica is a skilled health care regulatory and policy strategist with a deep understanding of coding, coverage and payment issues impacting a broad array of stakeholders.
For clients, Jessica deciphers and navigates complex regulatory and policy issues.
Extensive experience utilizing health care data to address regulatory and policy questions, allows her to provide unique insights and solutions. Jessica has more than 15 years’ experience advising medical product and health services clients in these areas. Additionally, she has training and experience as a management consultant with a focus on economic and business analysis.
Previously, Jessica has held senior roles with JDRF (formerly the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation), where she built and led a health policy team dedicated to protecting and advancing access to therapies and technologies for people with type 1 diabetes; the American Gastroenterological Association (AGA), where, on behalf of the association’s members, she identified and tackled regulatory issues impacting all aspects of the science and practice of gastroenterology; and Roche Diagnostics, where she advanced regulatory and policy objectives related to anatomic pathology products and services. In other roles she has worked to implement early value-based care programs, including those implemented by the Leapfrog Group and Bridges to Excellence.
- Yale University School of Public Health, M.P.H
- Colgate University, B.A.
- Developed strategy for obtaining Medicare reimbursement for a Part B drug administered via durable medical equipment, which was successfully implemented by the client and resulted in immediate Medicare coverage and payment at product launch.
- Identified flaw in a new, proposed Medicare prospective payment system as well as potential solutions, one of which was adopted as part of the final implementation.
- Constructed economic models that forecast the impact of proposed and final legislative and regulatory policies to inform client advocacy objectives and strategy as well as business operations.
- Developed and executed multi-year strategy to advance access to care to diabetes therapies and technologies with public and private payers, which included securing Medicare and private payer coverage for new diabetes technologies and leading a multi-stakeholder process that resulted in a multi-society consensus statement on clinical endpoints in type 1 diabetes.