Jennifer delivers reimbursement policy, payment strategy and supportive data analyses for diverse health service providers and medical product manufacturers.
Drawing on more than 13 years of consulting experience in the healthcare industry, Jennifer coordinates analyses and policy advocacy in response to payment rates under the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services’ Medicare prospective payment system fee schedules for healthcare services (physician, inpatient, outpatient) and diagnostic products (laboratory, medical devices). Jennifer previously worked as a director of reimbursement and outcomes research at McDermott Will & Emery, where she directed a wide range of deliverables and data analyses for numerous life sciences companies covering a broad range of clinical indications and disease states. Her work encompasses payer dossiers, technical assessment reports, coding petitions, public use payer database analyses, decision modeling, policy and economic impact analyses, and clinical outcomes research analysis plans.
- Duke University Sanford School of Public Policy, M.P.P.
- Davidson College, B.A.
- Prepared dossiers and technical assessment reports to assist nuclear medicine manufacturer in achieving reimbursement objectives for its line of imaging products; outlined payment and policy changes affecting reimbursement under the Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System
- Prepared petitions to National Center for Health Statistics for adding new or revising existing ICD-9-CM diagnosis codes; prepared applications to American Medical Association for adding new or revising existing CPT codes
- Developed outcomes research strategy report for use of products in management of back pain, depression and urinary incontinence; researched disease state, product background and marketing issues; recommended marketing strategy based on potential health and economic outcomes messages
- Implemented study to compare costs and identified treatment patterns of physician-reported management strategies for upper or lower extremity spasticity resulting from stroke or traumatic brain injury; supervised data analyses, decision modeling, internal reporting and peer review journal publication process
- Managed large-scale research effort to understand placebo effect and psychosocial factors influencing treatment outcomes for injectable therapies in back pain; authored extensive report documenting these factors and recommending study design changes to minimize their effects on outcomes
- Monitored, coordinated and managed data analyses of multicenter study to evaluate the impact of migraine headache on work productivity